Ryan Malone – Hockey
- Attended Upper St. Clair HS and graduated from Minnesota’s Shattuck St. Mary’s/Millard North. Graduated from St. Cloud State College in 2003
- After graduating from St. Cloud, he signed with the Pittsburgh Penguins, playing 81 games his rookie season
- He finished third in scoring his rookie season and spent the 2004-2005 “Lock-out” year playing in Finland.
- In 2003, he was the first Pittsburgh-born and trained player to compete in an NHL game for the Penguins
- In June 2008, he signed a seven-year contract with the Tampa Bay Lighting and played there for six seasons
- He was a member of the United States Hockey Team in the 2004 and 2006 World Championships
- In 2010 he won a silver medal in Vancouver with the United States Olympic Hockey Team