Dr. Leigh Curl – Basketball & Softball
- A graduate of North Hills High School (1981) and the University of Connecticut (1985).
- The only high school athlete ever to be named to both the Post-Gazette Fab Five in Basketball and All-Area Softball team
- As a senior Indians basketball star, averaged 17 points and 14 rebounds per game.
- In softball, her two-year record as a pitcher was 33-2. S he led her team to a PIAA Championship her junior year, and the PIAA State semi-finals her senior year.
- At Connecticut she was her class valedictorian and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. She was a four-year starter and two-year captain for the Huskies women’s basketball team.
- She was a two-time Big East Conference Scholar-Athlete of the year, a two-time first team Division 1 Women’s Basketball Academic All- American, and was inducted Into the GTE Academic All-America Hall of Fame in 1998
- Had 1,388 career points and 834 rebounds for the U-Conn Huskies, still 11th all-time
- Currently serves as Head Orthopedic Surgeon for the NFL’s Baltimore Ravens and is an assistant team physician with MLB’s Baltimore Orioles. She had previously served as team physician for St John’s University, the New York Mets, the University of Maryland, USA Basketball and USA Rugby.